Things have wrapped up nicely on Eager Street, which means it’s time to introduce our two newest projects: the 900 block of N Port St and the 1200 block of N Bradford St.
900 block of N Port Street. (Image courtesy of Kalani Gordon and her wonderful photo-essay about our work which you can find by clicking HERE!
Port Street (above) is a familiar scene for us, as it’s just around the corner from the 2400 block of Eager Street. Bradford is a few blocks to the north, on the other side of the train tracks, but very much in the same neighborhood as our other projects. The blocks are shown below in a 1915 map.
The houses on both blocks sure do look familiar, and for good reason: it appears as though both blocks were built by our old friend Frank Novak. The houses on Eager Street were built between 1907 and 1908, and it seems that the 900 block of N Port followed shortly thereafter. 1200 N Bradford was built around the same time, perhaps several months after Port Street was completed. By this time, Novak had essentially laid claim to this section of East Baltimore, so it’s safe to assume that he’s our builder.
The 1200 block of N Bradford Street
Between the two blocks, we’ll have 19 more houses to deconstruct, which should provide us with a steady supply of work and salvaged materials, but also a fresh batch of the stories that these buildings tell.